Recommend

Friday, September 21, 2012

All About Nothing


   Occasionally I get into situations wherein my cognitive thought is somehow obscured from registering the actuality of the situation I am in. I know it sounds weird, but stay with me on this and it will all become clear...later.

   The world is a very dynamic place full of mystery and wonder. I know, it sounds like a tag line from a bad science fiction television series, but it also happens to be true. Live long enough, and you will see amazing things. It’s all about being in the right place at the right time, but in a world full of people with a tendency toward chaos...the right place and time happen more often than one would think. Alas...this isn’t the subject of this post, indeed, my use of the word “alas” would make an ample topic of discussion, but I digress.


   I was talking about the obscuring of cognitive thought...but more on that later. You see, life is such an eventful experience, it’s tough to stay focused at times. So much is happening in so little time (and when you consider the average human lifespan in comparison to the time the planet has existed...”little” is an understatement) that it becomes a task to take it all in. I don’t want to go off-topic here (although that’s virtually impossible...more on that later) but when you consider the vastness of space and time, a full life lived is less than the blink of an eye (relatively speaking).


   Speaking of relatives, ever notice how we are all more connected than we appear to be? Trace your family tree and you will find that the branches are quite vast...spiraling in so many different directions that it’s hard to not look at some random person and wonder if somehow, someway....there is a connection. It’s absolutely mind boggling and that says a lot since the mind is a very difficult thing to boggle. Well...let me retract that last statement. It’s not so difficult to boggle if you know how to do it, after all, I started this post talking about the obscuring of cognitive thought, and then continued to do it (but more on that later).

   I must be coming across as a procrastinator...I keep putting the point of all this off until later, knowing full well we are all living in a “now” society that just can’t wait. Kudos to you if you’ve made it this far in reading this post. You are an elite breed of person that probably still uses the oven over the microwave...or I’m just making wild assumptions, again. I’m actually not procrastinating, I’m orchestrating, like the conductor of a world renowned orchestra (ever wonder if they are really renowned all over the world?). Everything has been carefully planned...except for the part that wasn’t. 

   Please have patience, I’ll be done momentarily...after I begin. You see, the point I have been coming to that was always something for later...was in fact, always something now. Confused...? So was I, until it all made sense to me. If you’ve read this far, then you know what is actually going on and what this post is really about: nothing.

   Realize that I haven’t tricked you...I made my intentions clear from the title. You chose to explore and see what all the hype was about...despite my telling you from the beginning. Of course, I could be completely wrong, and this post is really about so much more than the nothing I claimed it to be...which would make me a trickster, in fact, since I led you to believe there was nothing here.

   Each person must decide for themselves the merit of this post...so choose wisely (speaking about choices...)...more on that later.





No comments:

Post a Comment